1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aego P5 Mark 2 - SACD - No sound from all speakers.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bucketman, Jul 11, 2005.

1. bucketman

bucketman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a Pioneer DV575 player and a Aego P5 Mark 2 surround system connected via a coaxial cable.

When I play a SACD disk, not all the sound plays from the speakers or the sound comes from the tv.

I have played with the various options within the DVD player but so far no luck. I have managed to get sound from the Left/Right and the sub from the surround system.

Full 5.1 sounds comes when playing a DVD movie.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,298
    SACD cannot be transfered down a coaxial digital cable. You will need to use the 6 channel output on the back of the Pioneer into a matching input. I have no idea whether the Aego has one of those.

3. bucketman

bucketman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I can hear it in with DVD movies why doesn't it play SACD? Is it something to do with the way the DVD player translates the sound?

No I don't think the Aego has one of those connectors. I believe the Aego has
    the following connectors

3 x phono sockets
    1 x Digital Optical
    1 x Digital Coaxial

Will a optical cable do?

Thanks

4. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    SACD (and DVD Audio) will not transfer its high quality output down a players co-axial or optical connection. It either has to have a dedicated (and licensed) method of doing so, or you need the 5.1 input to receive hi definition audio content. The Aego P5 does have 5.1 in though its purpose is not discussed in any depth in the handbook...

5. scpatterson

scpatterson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I dont have an answer to your question as I dont own a SACD sytem. I Have however just bought the Aego P5 MKII. I ahev posted a thread on this sight regarding a hiss from the satallite speakers in this system. Can you let me know the level of hiss form your system when there is no input signal to the amp i.e just the aego is on. In my system a hiss can clearly be heard from the listening position.

thanks,

Stuart