Aego P5 - I don't understand, Help me :)

Sgt_Solo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm really confused and from the info I've seen on the web I can't make out whether the AegoP5 system is amplified from the decoder unit or whether the subwoofer contains the amp. I really want to get the Acoustic energy speaker system, but possibly not the decoder. So my question is two fold, if I went just for the sub and speaker package what decoders are available that have Dolby Pro Logic II ? Or could I just get something like a Yamaha 630 amp and hook it up to the AE speakers ?

Suggestions would be welcome :)

yes as far as i no the speakers are powered by an amp in the sub box so you could buy the speaker package but then you have to feed phono cables from your source to then get the proper sound!
hope that helps
i got the sub and 2 sats runnin of my pc and they are great little speakers!

I bought the P5 package thru AV Forums recentley, and have been pleasantly suprised by the quality, however, you still need to crank the volume up to a reasonable level to get a good effect.

The control box is merely a processor (less PLII) and the amp resides in a light weight subwoofer. Added a Rel quake to this setup and my petite living room almost erupted. If I had the space would probably opt for AV Amp, Kef Eggs and Quake setup.

Nice thing about the AE processor is it is small enough to fit in the TV closed cabinet.

good luck

Richard.

Thanks. So if I opted for just the Aego5 and bought a DPLII amp that should be fine ?

But would this amplify the amp ? i.e if I bought a seperate amp (say a cheap yamaha DPLII) and hooked it up. what happens when I control the volume of the sound, wont they interfere which each other ? i.e one volume on the Aego Sub/amp and the volume on the yamaha amp ?

God I'm sooo stupid...... please come visit me in the care center if I'm talking crap.

:)

I think I've answered it for myself....
You just plug the amplified sub into the sub output on the amp and the 5 sats into the main amp.

thats it.... I think.

I think you can buy this set without the proc unit as well as the full setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom