1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aego 5 buzzing

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jmack, Aug 5, 2002.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have a aego 5 speaker and processor there is a buzzing (hiss)
    coming from all speakers and a hum from the subwoofer i think the hum from the woofer is normal but the hiss from the speakers is not any advice or settings i should sellect thanks.

ps. if anyone has this set up can they tell me if there red light for the woofer on the processer turns green as mine never has

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

3. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem, and Sevenoaks and Acoustic Energy solved the problem very quickly with the new power supply. There is still a very slight hiss, but it's virtually unnoticeable.

As for the subwoofer lcd, it's either red or off. Green would denote that bass isn't enabled to the subwoofer, which would be kind of pointless...

As an aside, I was really pleased with the Aego P5 system, particularly when watching 5.1 or DTS DVDs. However, I was a little bit disappointed with the sound when listening to CDs, so I thought I'd find out what an additional subwoofer would do.

I auditioned and then bought a Yamaha active sub (quite small, about 130 quid) and the difference is unbelievable. Monsters Inc is incredible on DTS, the subwoofer really transforms it, and CDs are much sweeter, too. It makes for a warmer, more involving sound, it seems to take some pressure off the Aego sub, I don't know if that makes any sense, but midrange seems improved from it?

I know this now means I've spent over 700 quid on speakers and decoder, but it's all very unobtrusive visually, and I'm really pleased with the result in audio terms. (Incidentally I'm not some kind of 'bass freak': most of my CD's are of 70's prog rock or psychedelic. I never thought I needed another sub, but once I heard it, I wouldn't go without).

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update spoke AE on tuesday about my buzzing sub they were very helpfull and sent me a new one today with a different power supply, sounds fine now no hum or buz