1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aego 5 and DV565A

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hatter, Oct 13, 2003.

1. hatter

hatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Aego 5 set up connected to a Yamaha AV decoder via 6 channel pre-outs which I am v.v. pleased with for tv and movies (better than AE processor !). I also have a Sony Picot which I feel is not great for music - so looking to optimise music quality from Aego's with a new CD or DVD player (given that no room for a separate hifi/speakers set).

I am quite keen on Pioneer DV565A but not sure how it performs against a half decent CD player (bearing in mind would be connected to the Aego's). Anyone got any experience or views ?

Also does anyone have any experience of multichannel SACD/DVD-Audio with Aego's and DV565A or DV656A. Would it be a marked step up or is the difference likely to be only noticeable on full size speakers ?
    (I have tried a REM DVD-Audio disc just using Dolby 5.1 mix and it sounded fantastic compared to standard 2 channel)

Would better interconnect cabling improve the quality - any recommendations ?

Many thanks in advance.