1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aego 2 speakers/subwoofer.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by butch9850, Nov 19, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I AM GOING FOR A 2.1 DVD speaker SYSTEM for my bedroom,that is cheapish and with an integrated amplifier,in the subwoofer type.
    I have heard great reviews.

Q...Where could i buy a centre speaker,to put onto it??(ie upgrade)

Q...Can i connect it up equally as well,to a dedicated cd player??(I am also in the market for one of those)

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I dont think the Aego 2.1 can be upgraded witha center as its designed as a stereo unit and that means you should be able to connect it directly to a dedicated cdp.

3. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see,
    But i heard a mention on some sale post,that a guy had a centre satellite to go with the aego 2.So that either one of the speakers could be used an an actual centre speaker.
    Is that possible?
    I would love to have a centre speaker as part of a stereo speaker system.

The cd player connections i am unfamiliar with,i better check out the back of one of them...different from a dvd players,i bet.

4. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    the amplifier built into the aego2 has a centre speaker outlet too. you can buy additional speakers from Acoustic Energy. Look on www.acousticenergy.co.uk

i believe the 3.5mm socket on the sub is an input, so you could connect your cd player to that and connect your dvd player to the rca's at the back although it'd have to be a dvd player with a decoder built in as you'd need a separate centre speaker output

5. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A seperate centre speaker outlet,on the dvd player...Interesting.

I'll have to check that...But the aego 2 would connect up to a dvd player,anyway right?..without centre?

My dvd player is quite budget,so i'll have to see...It is a cyberhome CH-DVD 402 dvd player.And no,it does not have a built in decoder.But it can out source to a receiver/decoder.

Can my dvd player still be connected up,to the aego 2 sub,then?I am confused.Doesn't the aego 2 have a built in amp?.

Or is it,the centre output,is controlled by what the dvd player has??.So it is not possible for me,to do this,with current dvd player.
    But it is possible for direct 2.1?.

6. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never thought about this at the time.About built in DOLBY DIGITAL decoder.I was looking towards a seperate amp.

Would you advise,upgrading to a dvd player with built in decoder?,as an affirmative?!.Or buying a new receiver/amplifier seperate?.

I am not looking for excellent sound,as its a bedroom environment.
    But would love if i could somehow get 3.1 right infront of me.

It boils down to the centre speaker i guess...

IS A CENTRE SPEAKER necessary???in a 2.1 system?
    I tried it before on a 5.1 system..and WOW the dialogue was stuck to the screen...bUT do i really want that?.

Would 2.1 or 3.1 but better for me?The front speakers might only be 1.5-2metres apart!.And sub will be underneath telly...
    Its cheap enough to setup a 3.1...but is it worthwhile for my sistuation?The tv is only a few metres from my face as well.

7. GrannySmith

GrannySmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The Aego 2 system does have provision for connecting a centre speaker, but this was designed to be used in conjunction with a 5.1 decoder/rear channel amp as part of the Aego P5 system. I've just bought a pair of Aego 2 systems direct from Acoustic Energy here -

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/products/bstock.htm

The site says it's B-stock, but I think that's so they dont upset the dealers, these are sealed and boxed as new, and an absolute STEAL for £79 delivered Butch, trust me...you will be very impressed !! I bought one as a PC speaker system, but it sounded so darned good, I've just ordered another. If you really do want a full 5.1 surround system with built-in decoder, they've got a couple of Mk 1 Aego P5's left at £299 I was told on the phone, but for CD/mp3 listening, the Aego 2 is simply the the best 2.1 sub/sat system you will find for the money. :smashin:

Will.

8. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am all for the aego 2 because of the great sound.

But i don't know about the connections..To a dvd player with no built in decoder.

Plus people say centre speakers are a great addition to 2 fronts+sub.So i'd have to upgrade my dvd player or get a sub.
    Or get the aego p5,as you mentioned.

Guess i can go for 2.1..for the music and movies.
    BUt what are the connections,in it?.
    The sub will connect directly to a cheap dvd player,right?.

There are left+right analogue stereo outputs on the dvd player.What will connect into these?.The two aego p2 speakers?