1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aegis system replacement...Advice?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by racingsnake, May 26, 2005.

1. racingsnake

racingsnake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

1st post to the forum, so be gentle. My situation is this:

I currently have the following setup:

Philips 28PW6332 CRT,
    TOSHIBA SD-220 DVD,
    PANASONIC NV-HD635 VCR,
    MARANTZ SR4200 AV AMP
    ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS 2 FRONTS
    ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS 1 REARS
    ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS CENTRE

I love it, but the wife thinks that the speakers are "too big", so to pacify her we are going to replace the TV with the PANASONIC TX28DTX-11 as we need Freeview but not yet another box to hide away.... She hates boxes you see! We have also been offered the Pan TV with a free Pan VCR/DVD combo (DMRES10EBS) which the wife likes as it removes another box from under the TV. Any views on how it will stack up against the TOSH SD220? :smashin: :thumbsdow ??

The speakers are going in favour of a Canton CD1 system, which I see from this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195820 is going for an incredible price. I also read the other 498 post long thread about the Cantons and that persuaded me to go right ahead. :rolleyes:

Can you guys advise on my set-ups ability to drive the CD1 package, and let me know if any of you have had good or bad experiences with it? I see there is an eBay ad for a setup that is used and his Buy It Now price is higher than the power buy deal!

I'll also be needing a TV stand to house the above equipment that lets me stand the front speakers either side of the TV, any recommendations there?

All opinions greatfully recieved...Sorry for the multitude of questions on my 1st post, and that they are not strictly "speaker" related... :nono:

2. Jake James

Jake James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If you have any questions on the Canton range, please feel free to pm me.

IMO the Denon1905 (£240) is a perfect match for the CD1 (£240)

Regards

JJ

3. racingsnake

racingsnake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Jake. I'm keeping my Marantz though, I'll PM you when we ar ready to buy.