AE900 Smooth screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by crackazz, Mar 26, 2006.

1. crackazz

crackazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have a AE900 and find it to be a very good pj, tried/owned ae300, z4. hc3000 before and found it to be the best for me.

Was just wondering if anyone has/been brave enough to, remove the smoothscreen device in the ae900? one of the only compliants I would have about it is inability to get a nice sharp image. I haven't been able to test proper HD at 720p yet so wouldn't know if this helps, but out of curosity was just wondering if anybody has tried it :devil:

2. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    sorry for being a numb nuts but cant you increase the sharpness on this model on the setup menu ? or does that feature diable for component, HDMI connections like full rgbscart on ctr`s.

also i was about to purchase a `900 but three separate topics have touched on this so called smooth screen and knowing me i like a crisp but grain free image, cinematic depth and colours arent my priority, clarity through prescisson of fine details is what im after, perhaps the Z4 might suit better ?

3. crackazz

crackazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Hi

yes you can increase the sharpness, but thats digital sharpness which can increase pixel noise. I'm on about the pysical image sharpness which is like a slight defocus with the smooth screen tech.. Don't get me wrong, the picture is great but not as crisp the z4 or the hc3000