Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AE700 - Will the Scart accept component?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jayjay, Apr 16, 2005.

1. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi team

Urgent question here. My old Loewe TV accepted component through it's Scart input and I have a very fancy (read expensive!) cable to do that.

Will the Panasonic AE700 allow the same?

Ta in advance.
    Jay

2. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    The manual says the Scart will only accept:

NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL 60 @ 720x480i or
    PAL/PAL-N/SECAM @ 720x576i or
    625i

so I'm guessing no component as theirs no progressive formats....

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Component inputs and HDMI inputs allow progressive and the projector can handle 1920 x 1024 high definition television or dvd, one of the things which made me buy this projector was the many inputs it had and the variable resolutions.

4. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Component cables are cheap now (my 10m cable was about £15) and the AE700 will produce a great 1280x720 (max native res.) with this.

5. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks guys...

It's all a bit academic now as I ended up buying a Panasonic DVD-S97 instead of the cheaper Pioneer. Using HDMI, the picture looks absolutely stunning (what a bonus having the HDMI lead supplied!) even against a cream wall.

My fancy QED Squart will get no use at the moment but I don't feel too hard done by!

Thanks again.
    Jay

6. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    I hope you've got 1.07 firmware on your AE700 or you could start experiencing flashes of 'gash' using the S97 via HDMi - I did....

7. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Just installed the 700e only fed by HDMI at the moment. what is meant by flashes of gash. Also read review of a PJ in widescreen review and mentioned colour banding problems with PJ unless they have 12 bit video conversion, can any one explain. TNX guys:clap:

8. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Haven't noticed any problems at all yet with the HDMI link up. When I first got the projector, 4 weeks ago, I did find it needed time to settle down a little. I had some sort of picture instability but since those first few hours it's been all good.

Cross your fingers for no gash because I bought the sucker in Hong Kong. It's a bit of a trip for servicing.

I "think" my firmwares @ 1.05 btw.

Jay

9. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    It looks like the signal is briefly lost (half a second or so) and there is just digital shash (a bit like no rf signal in a TV before the days of 'blue screen')

10. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what i have read while researching this model ( because i bought it and am expecting it tuesday ) the 1.07 firmware versions fix 95% of the vertical banding problems and a few other problems experienced with the HDMI input, i have my fingers crossed that the screen is easy to install as i went for a beamax 106 inch manual 16:9 one ( draper was not in stock ) no idea if these manual screens are ok but my room has total darkness ( thanks to binbag liners which now look like curtains cutting out the light while i look into a more permanent solution )

11. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    I've got the Beamax 92" - they're big and quite heavy and come with no fixings. So get some industrial strength ceiling cavity wall fixings and some bolts etc.. I fixed 2 small L brackets to the ceiling and then fixed the screen to the front of the L's in front of my bay window. It took about half an hour but you'll definitely need someone with strong arms to hold the other end up for you....once up I guarantee after you pull it down you won't be able to retract it. I thought mine was broken it was driving me mad, but then it just went up fine and after about 2 days I got the knack completely....I think the Beamax and Panasonic is a winning combo, but I've no experience of any others. :D

12. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought all the fixings came with the screen ? i want to put mine on the wall not the ceiling, what will i need and why don't they give you the stuff to fix to the wall ?

13. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    Well I'm just saying mine came with no fixings - yours may do...let me know if it does though.

I suggest finding out what type of walls you have and getting some heavy duty raw plugs /fixings etc and then a couple of 12mm (rough guess) headed long screws/bolts.

The screen ends have two standard holes for screws/bolts and two hanger/hoops - you use one or the other.