AE700 smooth screen problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pmc, Feb 28, 2005.

1. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Something I've noticed occasionally is problems with the AE700's Smoothscreen technology. This only ever seems to be a problem when watching football. The crowd will often seem to switch between being sharp and smooth. The switch happens every couple of seconds. It not that bad, most noticable on crowd shots. My thought is that the Panny smooth screen technology struggles to cope with something as 'bitty' as a large crowd. It's also possible is a problem with the source (Sky Sports via cable) so other PJ owens might have seen it.

Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know of a setting to reduce it?

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sounds more like a problem with Sky than anything else. The sky picture is, more often than not, awful... I am sometimes happy with the picture and sometimes it is dreadful. Tends to depend on the channel and type of program (how much bandwidth they are willing to buy off Sky). What are you signal strength and quality readings in the settings menu?

3. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    it's actually through Telewest cable so I suppose is even more likely to be a signal issue. I only see the affect when watching football though, and only on the PJ not my TV. So it could be either the PJ or the signal, hard to say.