1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 Problem - Not straight picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by emilj, Feb 11, 2005.

1. emilj

emilj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my AE700 last tuesday and noticed that the picture got perfect on top, right and left but at the bottom right it just like melts out.

Here is a picture of the problem:
    [​IMG]
    And here is another one showing the whole picture:
    [​IMG]

The last picture shows the picture to be a little bit to high on the left side ( according to my screen ) but almost 2 cm below on the right side.

Ive tried all things I could think of but have not yet found a solution of this :confused:

Any suggestions would be really appriciated, thanx in advance
    Emil
    Sweden

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    At a guess, either the surface you are projecting on isn't flat or the PJ isn't quite square to the projection surface...PJ

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I agree with PJ.

That looks like the pj is a little too much to the left of center, and has been rotated to the right to fit the image to the screen - you have sideways keystone - in effect the left of the lens is closer than the right of the lens, so the left side is smaller.

If you move the pj to the right slightly (an inch or two), then it should line up with the center of the screen. That will mean unbolting it from the ceiling and physically moving it - unless you can move the screen to the left. Rotating the pj to the left should show the bottom raise up and line up with it.

If you could use some string to measure the corners of the screen to the center of the lens, you will see how far out the alignment is.

Gary.

4. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ensuring not to touch the lens with anything other than a lens cloth.....

5. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the same problem, heres how I tried to fix it,

1. Check screen is square (measure diagonals)
    2. Make sure top of screen is level and screen is vertical with spirit level
    3. put a spirit level on the top of the projector and make sure dead level in both directions, adjust to suit
    4. measure from each corner of screen to the lens.
    5. work out where the true perpendicular middle of the sceen is (trig or a drawing) ie you need to draw a line from the lens to perpendicular to screen
    note this may not be 1/2 way along its length
    6. put lens shift fully down (this puts in in the centre of its left right range)
    7. Aim Projector at middle (perp point) of screen, (image prob wont match screen yet) but the image is being projected exactly perpendicular to screen face, object is at this stage not to use keystone
    8. Use lens shift and zoom to get best fit.

even after all that I had a slight inaacuracy, having said that my lens shift is close to the bottom of its range
    Dave