1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 - Pioneer 565 - Component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by OneEyedStuart, Oct 26, 2004.

1. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hi,

I connected all of this up last night and threw a few discs at it. Projected the image onto the wall whilst waiting on the screen being delivered.

I connected the 565 into the AE700 via component. The 565 was configured to output an interlaced signal.

Put in a disc, nothing. Just the blue projected screen from the AE700. Connected in composite, played the disc, changed the input on the AE700 to video and the film was projected as expected.

Reconfigured the 565 to output a progressive signal through component. The 565 says it only outputs NTSC via progressive.

Played one of my NTSC discs, changed the input on the AE700 to component, viola the film is projected. Put in one of my PAL discs and again the film is projected, the AE700 saying it is projecting 525p ?????

Questions....

Why isn't the interlaced setting of the 565 working on the AE700, have I missed something here ?

I thought the 565 only pllayed NTSC via progressive and was not expecting the PAL disc to play. It obviously has been descaled to 525 ?

When either NTSC or PAL was playing via component the 3-2 ( Film Mode )menu option on the AE700 was not available, I thought it would have been ?

All that aside and only projecting onto a wall, and initially via pis:censored: composite, AND using low lamp mode I was GOB SMACKED by the 9' image being produced, after getting NTSC progressive to work on the component input the image was stunning. Vertical Banding... what vertical banding, screendoor... what screen door ? Roll on the screen arriving then a night spent calibrating with DVE.

Any suggestions with the above quesitons would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    54 views on this thread... no one any suggestions ?

Regards
    Keith Hurst

[EDIT 20:32] - After resetting the player I am now getting PAL and NTSC interlaced. The 3-2 ( 2-3 ? ) Cinema Reality menu option also now appears. NTSC progressive seems ok, obviously PAL progressive on this player is a jerky business, so its time to go get a true PAL progressive machine :smashin: