1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 picture problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by automatt, May 11, 2005.

1. automatt

automatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my AE700 for around 6 months now, and have been very pleased with it. However, I have recently noticed a red tinge on the right hand side of the picture (when displaying a white image). If I adjust the zoom of the projector (to a smaller image) then the tinge also appears in the bottom left hand corner.

Anybody got any ideas as to what could cause this, and wether or not this is a warranty issue.

I have attatched two pictures showing the extremes of the zoom. The white image was produed from the service menu, so is not sourced related.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What mode do you use ? if you are having problems like this try adjusting the colour temperature, the control for this is in the menu next to sharpness and if any parts of the picture are blue or reddish then you should use this to adjust it.

I use Normal mode and my settings are Colour +1 Brightness +4 and Contrast +4 my Sharpness setting is 0 ( if its set higher than zero u add edge enhancement to the picture ) and i do not alter any other settings, i view in almost total darkness.

Anyways the Colour Temp control is what you should use.

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,007
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211193

Looks like phillfyspoon had the same problem and he sent his of for firmware up grade.

Might be worth dropping him a PM.

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
  5. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like optical path problem, how did it occur, suddenly, been dropped ?,
    possibly, one of the dichroic mirrows shifted, doesn't look like panel problem, firmware - no, try inputting red only, green only and blue only test patterns to see which optical path is being affected to narrow cause down

6. cine

cine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I work in the optics field and have seen this effect called Green/Magenta shift where there is a shift from white to a cast across a image.

This in my area of work been the result of a from a front silvered mirror or optical spliter being moved out of alignment. This could be the case here.

Mike

7. automatt

automatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I did think to myself that it may be something to do with the optics, as the difference in the two pictures I uploaded was purely by adjusting the lens zoom from one extreme to another.

The unit hasn't been dropped or knocked, as it sits on a shelf on the rear wall out of the way.

To be honest it may well have been there from day 1 as it is only evident on a full screen white or light coloured image.

So this being the case what is the best way to send the unit back? Do I go back to the shop or direct to Panasonic. If it's direct to Panasonic how do I contact the correct department?

I see that a few have sent their units back to Panasonic for firmware updates etc. I am currently runing with 1.03.

Thanks for your help.

8. automatt

automatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to post again with the same question, but I was wondering if you guys who have returned your panny projectors for any warranty work, have done so direct to panasonic or through dealer where purchased.
    If it was direct to panasonic is their an e-mail or tel no. that I could have.

Thanks
    Matt

9. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Panasonic 08705 357 357