1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 - Lamp gone after 400 hours?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by redknag, Sep 6, 2005.

1. redknag

redknag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've had a panny ae700 since last october, but only have 405 hours use on it. Tonight it wont turn on. Just clicks...green light..clicks....standby...over & over. No lamp light. Does this sound like a failed lamp or other problem? Any ideas? Not happy.

2. biglyle

biglyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    common problem with the 700

read the consumer reviews at projector central to see just how common this really is.

Bulb is toast

3. redknag

redknag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    One start in 5 the bulb "ignites" enough to start projecting an image for a few seconds, then mechanical click and restarts. I would have thought that once a bulb has gone it wouldn't be able to do this. Right or wrong?

4. biglyle

biglyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It could be that the distance needed for the bulb to arc has become too great and the machine is shutting it down as a precausion against it exploding.
    I advise calling the place you bought it or Panasonic directly.

5. redknag

redknag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I just called a pansonic service centre near to where I live and they told my that the lamp is covered by the warrantee. I told them that I was sure it was not covered, but they insisted it is. Happy days......we'll see.

6. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Are you sure you got that conversation the right way round? Thats got to be a first in the projector world.
    If they say its covered I wouldn't argue against it, instead just ask them to double check their warranty on lamps for you, just for reference purposes, obviously.

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It clearly states in the guarantee that the bulb is covered for the first 500 hours of use and if it fails before 500 hours you are entitled to a replacement.

Mind you it also states a timescale too and i'm not sure if thats 6 months or a year but it was all on the guarantee.