1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 greenish horizontal line problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fhSpacey, Aug 16, 2005.

1. fhSpacey

fhSpacey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a Panasonic ae700 and I get a slight greenish horizontal discolouration that moves slowly up from the bottom to the top of the screen then starts at the bottom again. I had a quick look through all the ae700 posts but couldn't find anything about this. I got the unit last October so its probably firmware 1.03. I get a small bit of vb also but its hardly noticable.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, I'm thinking of getting on and trying to get Panasonic to take it back and update the firmware before my warranty runs out. I'm in Rep. Ireland so I don't know how sucessful I will be :)

2. deadmonkey

deadmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I've read elsewhere about banding problems if you leave it in standby for several hours. Do you leave yours switched on overnight?

I've read that, as long as you've waited for it to cool down, if you power it off then the banding problem doesn't occur. I've done this with mine and it's had no problems at all.