1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 - Flicker Tweak - Green Panel

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by OneEyedStuart, Nov 15, 2004.

1. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    Hi peeps,

after many hours free of VB, it started creeping in round about the 40 hour mark.

Now up to 79 hours and since that time I have always checked the flicker settings ( both desktop and ceiling ) before playing a movie. This was to keep the banding to an absolute minimum. This weekend using this technique I watched three films and only managed to see a bit of VB in one scene. So I live with the quick flicker before watching a movie.

What suprises me is this though. I set the values and all panels are stable. The next film I watch I go back and look at the values, they are what they were set to previously however the green panel is flickering away like mad this time ???????

Anyone seen this on their model, anyone any ideas as to why it should flicker within such a short space of time. Temperature dependant perhaps ????

Regards
    Keith Hurst

2. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Green seems to have a much narrower range for showing a stable screen compared to the others, I don't think I can get it totally stable. However I don't think its the amount of flicker that matters, just how visible the bands are. Go for extreme flicker and you'll see the bands pop out

3. P0rkCh0p

P0rkCh0p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nothing much to add to this other than I've noticed exactly the same thing on mine. I'm a little over 100hrs on the clock now.

4. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    Thanks for the input guys.

Do you have to readjust your green panels as well ?

KH