1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 Desk/Ceiling Projection - which one?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooo, Sep 15, 2005.

1. rooo

rooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm finding this quite hard to explain, but let me try.

Imagine you are projecting the image onto a glass transparent screen. I was under the impression that if you stood behind this screen and looked at the lens of the pj, the lens would be in the exact centre of the projected image (assuming using no lens shirt).

However, the AE700 manual has left me a bit confused - it talks about having to choose a front desk or ceiling projection method, and seems to imply that the projected image is not central to the lens. For example on the desk setting, the lens would be at the very bottom of the projected image using the scenario above.

When rearranging the lounge for the set up, I have assumed that the lens would project a central image - that the projector location would be central to my screen.

It's probably a really stupid question, but can anyone put me out of my misery?!

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    For "desktop" usually the PJ image is projected up by default, the bottom of the image being at the same height as the PJ.

For "ceiling" it's the inverse, the PJ being in line with the top of the image by default.

The 700, like many LCDs, has a very flexible optical lens shift arrangement which should cater for most scenarios however...PJ :)

3. rooo

rooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I want to use quite a lot of horizontal shift, so I didn't want to use vertical shift at all, and wanted to position it correctly for verical alignment. I may need to go for the ceiling setup then, but it is very vague in the manual.

Edit: I've just read the manual a bit more closely, the pictures actually, it doesn't say it anywhere - but basically the ceiling setting is when the pj is mounted using the ceiling mount, i.e. upside down, and projects a corrected, right way up image.

What I also assume is that the image is projected central to the lens.

4. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Have a play with Lens Shift, this will move the image around regardless where the projector is pointing.

Anim

5. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Have a play with Lens Shift, this will move the image around regardless where the projector is pointing.

Anim

6. rooo

rooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just to confirm my stupidity, the lens is in centre of screen. I needed all the horizontal lens shift, so positioned it perfectly central on the vertical. I'm a happy bunny!!