1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 delivery packaging

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KWB, Oct 23, 2004.

1. KWB

KWB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received delivery of my AE700 this morning and noticed that the box was damaged in transit by City Link. The paper wrapping looked a little worse for wear with some tears etc. but initially it looked like the main cardboard box was ok.

When I unwrapped the brown paper I noticed that the box was damaged on the edges and something had ripped\penetrated the lid of the box (this must have happened before the box was wrapped in the brown paper, as this was not damaged in this area).

When I opened the box the remote control, manual, remote batteries and two power leads were loose in the area between the lid and a cardboard cover placed on top of the projector. Is this the same for anybody else’s projector?

The projector itself was wrapped in a foam\polythene bag and contained within cardboard protective packaging. I presume this is how it should be?

I have also noticed that the manual was not in a plastic bag, which surprised me and this is the only documentation I received. Should there be any warranty info etc?

Please advise if this sounds similar to other AE700 packaging before I contact the dealer (probably going to do this anyway but would like to know how it should have been packaged \ included).

Thanks

2. joffonon

joffonon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds exactly like the interior layout of my AE700 box, which was delivered in one piece by the same courier company. As long as the projector itself is undamaged and works OK, I wouldn't worry.

3. BarryTra

BarryTra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I to had recieved my a700 from couriers citylink and the box was damaged ,had a bash on the top and was wet,luckly the projector was fine.I didnt receive a warranty card either just a manual.

Cheers

4. KWB

KWB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

Am i right in saying that you don't get a warrenty card etc from Panasonic only the instruction manual?

What dealers did you purchase from?

Thanks

5. BarryTra

BarryTra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I got mine from Krishav.

Cheers

6. joffonon

joffonon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No warranty card in my box. Bought from Discount Electrical.

7. KWB

KWB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.

My projector is in fine condition and it sounds like the contents\manuals etc are all as they should be.

Bit worried at first that maybe it was an import and documentation had been removed from the box before shipment.

I have called the dealer and been informed this is a Panasonic UK machine and the contents are as shipped from the manufacturer. You guys have just confirmed this for me.

Certanly dont think much of City Link. When I was collecting the parcel the reception was full of people complaining about the service.