1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ae700 and yamakawa 375 problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CptBill, Nov 23, 2004.

1. CptBill

CptBill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello guys,
    I got today a 10m oelbach dvi-hdmi cable in order to use with my yamakawa 375 dvd player. Has anyone tried this setup before? Because i cant seem to be able to get them work. The only way for panasonic to find signal from the yamakawa, while playing a movie, is to press on the yamakawa the v-mode button several times until i find for example 720p but after a while the image dissapears (Turns black) for few seconds, then appears again then after a while dissapears, etc etc. This happens randomly. And happens to all resolutions i choose (480p, 576p).

Any clues? I guess i should look for an other dvd player? :rolleyes:

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My first thought would be the cable but I've not heard of this brand before so if it's a 'premium' brand, aka. bloody expensive ;), then that probably isn't the case. However, 10m is on the 'long' side for DVI cables where signal loss can become a problem.

3. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes, its likely to be a cable problem. Several others have had similar issues with the Yam (See the dvd hw review forum). I have the same 375 and cannot make it sync reliably over a 7.5m lindy DVI cable.

It seems that the Yam doesn't output a very "strong" signal - the same cable works fine via HTPC.

I moved the DVD player next to my PJ and tried a shorter DVI monitor lead I had handy (from my TFT) and it worked first time (reliably)... so for me at least, its definitely the cable.

I currently use the 375 with my Plasma and it works great (shorter cable run). Sorry I don't have the answer though.

4. CptBill

CptBill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing has happened to me. I tried to connect my pc with panasonic through the dvi of my vga card and success! There werent any problems with the 10m cable. Trying again with the yamakawa, problems are still there. I will try to find a shorter hdmi---dvi cable to try. Dammit....i paid €180 for this freakin cable. :(

5. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    well, I'm contradicting my earlier reply, but the length of the cable is likely the problem, not the cable itself.

I actually blame the Yamakawa as it clearly isn't outputing either a) a clear sync signal or b) a very strong signal (don't know enough about DVI specs to say which).

Anyway, my cable also works faultlessly elsewhere via HTPC so I guess the Yam is the problem... but still, longer length cables seem to expose it more readily.

6. rjg

rjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I bought a Lindy 7.5m DVI cable when I got the Yamakawa, but I never got it to work properly - the image was always 'posterized', all colours were full saturation. I gave up after the usual fiddling around, and Lindy wouldn't take the cable back without a 'restocking fee' that came to half what I'd paid. PJ is an Optoma H56.

Seeing the previous post about running the PJ off the computer video card I just tried it - got a very nicely resolved Windows desktop via the same Lindy cable (it reached as far as the computer in the next room !).

So finally I know that it is the player. :thumbsdow