1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE700 and 1.05 firmware - problems with HDMI ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by the_oldhams, Oct 28, 2005.

1. the_oldhams

the_oldhams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have currently got an AE700 with firmware 1.05 . The warranty runs out in a couple of months and was wondering whether it is worth having it sent back to upgrade to 1.07 .I was wondering are there known problems with version 1.0.5 with regards to using HDMI connection e.g. white flashing problem - the reason I want to know is the fortchcoming SKY HD and possibly things like HD-DVD, PS3/BLURAY

Thanks

2. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I remember we didn't have any real probs with 1.05 machines - we had quite a few. It's 1.03 that was a bit iffy, although again most of those were fine.

If you can bear to be without it, give Pana a call and tell them you want the upgrade. If they question why, telling them you are having probs with HDMI will help, as they won't take it back just to upgrade firmware, as there is really no fault present.

HTH

3. the_oldhams

the_oldhams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ben

Thanks for that - maybe I will give it try. The option I am considering is a possible upgrade to new AE900, Z4 , EPSON. However from what I have read not much of a difference as resolution is the same - just slight improvement in contrast & brightness. Perhaps I should wait for the next generation of 1080p projectors (like the new Sony vw100 Ruby- I know it is a different price bracket).

Which projectors out of the above will you have for demo as I will be up that way around Xmas time ?

Thanks

4. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be careful though, ask around for how long panny will keep the projector away from you. You might be thinking a few days but you will be surprised! Take care!

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:

Remarkably good of you to give some candid advice to the poster on how to circumvent panasonic procedures and I can see you're being helpful to the consumer but I cant help but chuckle at your post. Here you are encouraging a member to lie to a manufacturer yet I seem to remember you saying "A barrister no less encouraging fraud" when I mentioned the lamp reset hours facility when someone was offered a one hour maximum home demo. I think I should return the favour:

A retailer encouraging fraud against a manufacturer no less!

So thats a thumbs up for helping a forum member :smashin:
    and a thumbs down for being hypocritical :thumbsdow

6. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The Oldhams - no prob. Although the AE900 is a genuinely better PJ, you CAN see the difference. We have the Z4 and the 900 but no epson at the moment.

Sainthalo, with respect it wasn't a 1 hour demo, significantly more than that iirc. There was also the bit about evading import duty & VAT, but that's all water under the bridge :rotfl: . Seemed incriminating enough for you to go and edit it though as you have a nasty habit of doing :eek:

Oh, and I had a batch of 10 upgraded to 1,07 - time to turnaround = less than 1 week!

So much for Panny having shoddy service all the time.

The Oldhams - I'd be very happy to give you an 'out of interest, no obligation' demo anytime - it's better than doing real work after all!