1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by patt, Nov 19, 2004.

1. patt

patt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    HI is a AE500 with 40 hours on it for £695 a good price or sould i spend £1300 on a AE700 thanks

2. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,255
    As long as it got no dead pixels or dust blobs sounds like a good deal to me.Then again i just spent £1300 on the ae700 and think its worth every penny.

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an AE700, and a friend of mine has upgraded from a 500. The 700 is a better machine, with black levels, contrast ratios and lens shift. The question of pounds vs extra quality though has been asked many times on this forum, and the question is impossible to answer, as it comes down to how much you value that extra £600! I will say though that in my opinion the 500 is a cracking machine, and marked a vast improvement over previous PJs from Panasonic. The friend of mine who has just upgraded to a 700 from a 500 previously had an ae100, then an ae200, and there is no comparison between the older machines and the 500 & 700. Another factor is where are you buying the PJ from? Is it new? Will the retailer offer a refund for a machine with bad VB etc? Anyway, both machines are excellant, and I don't think they will dissapoint, so :) happy shopping!!