AE500 vs Ae100 wall clearence / heating requirements

Andy.T

Not sure, but the 500 seems to run quite hot so the more space you can give it the better, I couldn't find a quoted minimum gap in the manual.

That pic of the 100 seems dangerously close to the wall as it is though and the 500 is a little deeper than the 100.

Dean

I am about to get my PT-AE100 tomorrow, I think a gap of around 6 inches should be sufficient.

Andy.T

In theory if you keep them in low lamp mode the fan will just speed-up if it's having trouble dealing with the heat. That though should probably be seen as a warning that it's having problems.

jamesrich

Right, cheers Andy. I'll right off that idea, if it's anymore deep I probably won't be able to even get the cables in and out.
It did look quite cool though.

Originally posted by Andy Trump
Not sure, but the 500 seems to run quite hot so the more space you can give it the better, I couldn't find a quoted minimum gap in the manual.

That pic of the 100 seems dangerously close to the wall as it is though and the 500 is a little deeper than the 100.

harrisuk

I am sure it states in the ae 500 manual that it requires 18 inches behind the projector to vent heat.

Andy.T

Yeah I've heard various figures banded about but I've looked in the manual a couple of times now and not found an official figure. The closest I've found is on page 7....

Do not cover the air inlet or the air outlet.
- Doing so may cause the projector to overheat, which can cause fire or damage to the projector.

- Do not place the projector in narrow, badly ventilated spaces such as closets or bookshelves.

If anyone finds a figure let me know where in the manual it is - maybe there are different editions of the manual or something. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom