1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE500 Refresh Rates

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dazzer123, Mar 30, 2005.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi was wondering if anyone could help me I am watching DVD’s on my AE500 via a home made HTPC via DVI at a res of 1280x720 but so far I have only been able to get it to work in a 60 Hz refresh rate.

I was wondering if it is possible to feed it 1280x720 at 48 or 72 Hz refresh rate for NTSC material and 50 or 75 Hz refresh rate for pal material so that I can run the reclock program to eliminate judder on panning scenes.

So far if I select any refresh rate other than 60 Hz I lose the signal to the projector.

2. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using powerstrip? With the HS50, I selected the preset setting "High Definition Standard" which started with 60Hz and I changed that to 50Hz and it accepted it straight away. Easy Peasy. Yours may be different to this, if so, I can't help.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes have used powerstrip it is all very strange i am running a dual head arrangment from my pc ie: vga out to plasma and dvi out to projector always in clone mode from my geforce Fx 5200 graphics card now get this.

In nview control panel (the graphics driver) if i select analogue digital arrangment in clone mode i can select whatever refresh rate i wish and both the plasma and projector displayl my desktop and any window's i may have open, the only problem being if i playback a dvd in a software player the picture is only displayed on the plasma.

If i set the display mode in Nview to digital-analogue clone mode i get a dvd picture on the projector but not on the plasma, and the projector then seem's to be restricted to 60 hz only if i change it to 50 or 48hz i lose the signal to the projector anyone help with this.

4. ZahirB

ZahirB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only been able to get 50Hz over DVI using ATI cards.
    NVidia cards don't seem to be able to do it unfortunately...

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I see i could use an ati does anyone know if thrir driver's support keystone correction like nvidia do or any third party app that can give keystone correction.