AE500 Quick Question

berserkgoose

Hi,
I just ordered a Yamakawa 365 DVD Player to go with my AE500. Can anyone tell me which type of DVI Cable I need to connect the two? There looks to be two different male DVI connections, DVI-I and DVI-D. Can anyone explain the difference?:confused:

Also has anyone used an AE500 with the Yamakawa 365- Any impressions?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
DVI-I carries digital and analogue signals, DVI-D only carries digital. DVI-D is the one you want....

KrisBennett

Standard Member
Hi,

I am using a DVI-D cable with my AE500 and my Yamakawa 365 and DVDs look fantastic at 720p!

Kris..........

berserkgoose

Thanks for your replies.

Kris, can you clear something up for me? I realise with the latest firmware
the Yamakawa can output [email protected] for PAL discs. Is the AE500 able to accept
this signal through DVI with no problems?

Reason I ask is, this seems impossible with a PC thru VGA....720p 60Hz is
fine but when you try to go down to 50Hz or thereabouts the AE500 won't
sync...

KrisBennett

Standard Member
I just got in from work and tried the PAL version of swordfish at [email protected] via DVI and there were no problems at all.........90% of my DVDs are region 1, so it was actually the first time I have tried a region 2 disk and the first time I tried 720 @ 50hz.........

I've had the pj and the yamakawa just over two weeks and I would thoroughly recommend both to anybody........

cheers

Kris

berserkgoose

Thanks Kris, that's good to know.
My collection is also mostly made up of R1 discs but it's a real bonus being able to use 720p 50Hz - not a lot of players seem to have this feature.

Looking forward to getting my new toy!

Cheers

berserkgoose

The DVD player cost £110 incl. shipping from Germany (off ebay)
I think it's a few weeks wait for delivery though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom