1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE500 pic goes Bright Green! Help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RX-8_chap, Jun 21, 2004.

1. RX-8_chap

RX-8_chap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kind of new to this projector scene, so forgive me if this a very obvious problem!

Basically when I first switch on the PJ the picture displayed looks kind of like a green negative, if you see what I mean... It doesn't seem to matter what input I use (I'm not using the PC inputs at all) the problem is the same.

When I switch inputs the picture displays fine, then fairly quickly reverts back to the evil green!

after 10 - 20 mins it seems to settle down and doesn't do it anymore. Is there some kind of setting I'm missing, is this usual PJ behaviour, or should I be shouting at the supplier and/or Panasonic?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

P.S. Great forum, glad I stumbled across it!

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Mate

I saw this last night on mine too, happened about 30 seconds after I switched it on - I then presses component button on the remote and then it was fine again !.....

Have you managed to find out what it is ?

Anyone else experienced this ?

3. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Certainly not a feature, is menu OSD affected ?, if thats OK, what inputs are you using , if OSD is affected also, then problem with unit, better still, can you take photo of the effect :)

4. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm going to try again tonight

Only started happening on the last two occasions....

I hate it when things like this happens...... The unit is very new actually...

I don't use it very much

PS. Will also take pic if i can....

Cheers