1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE500 - Lamps

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lez, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Lez

Lez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I imagine about now there will be few of you out there that will soon have the painful experience of purchasing a lamp for your Projector as you were one of the first to get the AE500 when it came out last year.

My experience so far has left me without my projector for the last 6 weeks & according to the lamp distributor I have used (I won't mention names just yet) Panasonic UK can not confirm a date when they will next be stocking lamps for the projector :mad: :mad:.

The best UK price I found was £252.04, when reading some of threads, Price Japan has been mention, has anyone had experience of them? a lamp from Pricejapan.com works out at £190.56 delivered, Not sure what the customs would be like or the timescales for delivery, any hints there? This may be quicker than waiting for it in the UK.

2. Lez

Lez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    UP DATE:

After being advised the Lamp may not be available until the earliest 17th March & no guarantee with that, I decided to order with Pricejapan at around £190 delivered.

I'm please to say the lamp arrived really quickly & I would happily use Pricejapan again for those of you who are interested. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Cheers mate, good to know. Hopefully I'll be a few years yet!