1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE500 High/Low Lamp Power Issue

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by justinh, Dec 17, 2004.

1. justinh

justinh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    I can't tell any difference when I change between high and low for the lamp power in the Options menu.

Fan changes speed but I can't detect any brightness change at all.

I assume this is a fault in my projector but I thought I would ask before going to all the hassle of getting Panasonic to investigate the problem.

I used to have it set to low power and low fan speed and the lamp died after 300 hours so I am wondering whether it has got "stuck" on high lamp power and so then overheated.

Thoughts?

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hi there,

I cannot comment directly on the AE500. I have the AE700 and when changing from Low lamp to High, the increase in brightness is barely noticable. Perhaps the same is true for your AE500 unless you have used in on High before and now notice a discernable difference.

Regards
    Keith HUrst

3. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I only notice a very slight change in the brightness and the fan becomes a little noisier on my 500.