1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE500 free screen question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dapex, Mar 23, 2004.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all, Does anyone know any info about the screen you currently get with the ae500? Some peeps says its 66"diag but the Panasonic shop in Leicester reckon its a 7Ft width screen....

Does anyone know for sure, i would pressume its a crappy screen but if its worth having I may purchase sooner rather than wait for komplett...

Cheers

2. david park

david park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is supposed to be a 72" wide screen.
    But not all Panasonic dealers appear to be passing them on to the customer.
    If you order on the Internet be sure you find out if you will be getting one.
    I e-mailed Komplett and they did not respond, from the forum I gather they do not give a screen away.
    I bought from www.krishav.co.uk for £1250 all in. with an upgraded to 6ft. 6 ins. wide screen included. They answered my e-mails in just an hour or two. Ordered early afternoon and they were delivered at breakfast time the following morning. Rang them latter in the day and they talked me through part of the setup proceedure.

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I will say this again although it has been said a number of times before. The ae500 from Komplet does not come with the free screen.

Fact. But it is only £1050 delivered when in stock. The other offer mentioned is without doubt good value considering you are getting a good sized screen and they have stock.

4. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The screen is something Panasonic UK have comissioned, some dealers pass them on, some sweeten the deal and let the customer choose their own.

Must also emphasis that they used an optimistic measuring device when coming up with 72"!!