1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae300 Service manual

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Oct 18, 2005.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hiya Lads,

Had my AE300 stripped right down last night, cleaning lenses and polorizers etc. Guess what! I dropped the Lense/Prism/Panel array from 2 foot onto a hard floor!! Now my convergance is off. Thus I'm looking for the AE300 service manual to see if there is a description of how to re-align them.

TBH things don't look too good because I found the Sanyo z3 service manual and it mentions that the prism panel array is precision aligned at the factory on manufacture and can't be done by a service engineer afterwards. ie the whole prism panel array can only be bought as a single part and can not be re-aligned after manufacture. Logically I have a feeling its the same for the Panny.

Please say it aint so but if it is does anyone have the part number for the prism/panel array and any idea of cost.

If its substantial, that and the cost of a new bulb that I need (9965hours) may make it uneconomical to both fix and replace bulb. Might have to get an Ae900!! :D

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reckon you deliberately dropped it :D . You can't seem to kill it with hours use (10000 :eek: ) so physical destruction is the only way to get a new model.

Can't help with the service manual I'm afraid but best of luck with the new AE900 :D .

:smoke:

3. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What a shame, your the only person I know of thats managed to make a panny last that long :thumbsup: , I hope your next machine lasts just as long ,I hope my 700 lasts that long :lease: .

Just out of interest, how easy is it to clean the polarizers as my red seems to get contaminated quite quickly, blowing out shifts most of it but not all. I would give it a try If I could be certain that its possible.

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Whats so galling about the whole episode is I had given nearly every surface a thorough cleaning with a camera cloth. Everything was sparkling. Took a load of pics for an AE300 dust cleaning guide in PDF format I was putting together. Put PJ back together and the image was pristine for a PJ that had done 10000hours with 4960 hours on the current bulb. Only now am I getting some deterioration in the middle of the Blue Poloriser although it isn't actually visible on a moving image yet but only on test screens. Perfect......PJ almost like new.....happy camper......should have left well enough alone............
    BUT
    ........ I missed a few steps in my photo documentation for the Cleaning Guide and opened her up again the next day to photograph the steps I missed. Its then that this clumsy ****er dropped the panel array! :D It was almost cliched the way the array bounced from hand to hand like a jugglers balls as I tried to regain my hold on it until inevitably it bounced further and further away from my sweaty palms till.....bounce bounce bounce BANG!! :D

Convergance is screwed but I didn't break the panels or kill any pixels!!

[​IMG]

Anyway I tried to re-align them by bending the panel holders while holding the optical block up to a light and looking through the lens. No luck though.

Good news is that AE900 has already been sanctioned by the powers that be!! :D

Fallwood. Not sure how much the insides of the AE700 differ from the AE300 but with the 300 its a case of getting the main circuitboard off which is easy, locating the polorizer brackets, scoring them with a stanley blade before removal so they can be re-aligned afterwards and then simply unscrewing the brackets and giving the plates a wipe with a camera lint free cloth.

[​IMG]

I've taken the optical block out of the PJ and disconnected the panel/prism array from the optical block in this pic but you wont have to do either, just get the mainboard off as I said.