1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE300 Pretty Dim

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Julia, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone had the same problem.

I have not used my projector for a few months and yesterday when I switched it on it was strikingly dim. :mad:

The image was gloomy and rather lifeless. The colours I knew were not there.Even on high lamp it did not make much difference (there's hardly any difference between high and low lamp now).

I had a look at the lamp hours and it is under 600 hours (I did not have the time to use it much for the past year).

I guess this means I need a new lamp already?! At under 600 hours? The cheapest price I found was £165 from PriceJapan (does anyone know a cheaper one?). To be honest I'm a little scared to even put it on now, as I have read about problems with bulbs exploding after a dim period.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks,

Julia

2. El Indio

El Indio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK, the bulb looses brightness over usage time - bright one day and then dim the next shouldnt happen.

The settings menu is usually displayed full brightness (regardless of settings), so is a good test. Make sure you are viewing in a pitch black room (the ambient light during the day is much brighter now its summer)

Also, If the bulb is faulty then hopefully the bulb fault light would come on (if the pj has one). I would check your manual.

Regards, El

3. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi El,

Thanks for your help.
    I completely forgot to check for any faulty light as it's up there on the ceiling...

AE700 looks nice. I'm thinking maybe to buy a new bulb for my AE300 and then sell it and buy a new AE700 in September when they come out :eek:).
    (I'm just joking!)

Thanks,

Julia