1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE300 owners: please post photos of your ceiling mounts

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rob@rar.org.uk, Apr 8, 2003.

1. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will be buying an AE300 in the near future, and plan to mount it on the ceiling. I'm looking to make a homemade bracket, and would be interested to see how others have gone about mounting their projector. Photos would be helpful, but any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob

2. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I am working on mine at the moment using £7.99 speaker brackets from Argos some 9mm MDF M4 bolts and possibly something else to give a bit more space between the ceiling and the back of the PJ which will need to be angled down slightly.

I'd be particularly interested to see what people have used to make good around the hole in the ceiling where all the cables come through. I've got a bit of 50mm white soil pipe with a rimmed edge from B&Q. It was the best thing I could find but it quite crap really... I'll need to split it down its length to get the scart through.

3. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I will put mine up when its finished... using a tv stand with an elbow from argos... works well.. its upside down which is a bit of a worry.. all the stress being on the bolt.. but its rated for 30kg, and the projector is only 3kg... the elbowed joint means that perfect placement on the wall to screen isn't an issue

only £19

4. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made mine (for AE100) from a steel plate, steel tube, M24 threaded bar and nuts. Main height adjustment is by screwing the plate up or down with fine adjustment via locknuts on the M4 bolts through the main mounting plate. The total cost to me was £0.00 which I found quite acceptable :smoke:
    I may get a few pictures up later if I get chance.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a good thread with lots of pics & ideas for AE100 ceiling mounts here .

The AE200/300 shouldn't be too different - should be some food for thought there anyway.

There are lots of other similiar threads, just search under AE100 ciling mount. TimH's mount is very nice ;)

6. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,099
    Monster - I used a downlighter ring from Argos, and it looks nice and tidy. I have 3 working downlighters so it matches them as well.

You can see a pic of it on my web site,a long with the same speaker bracket you're going to be using as a ceiling mount. It works very well. :)

Gary.

7. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much was the speaker bracket Gary? I plan on buying an A300 very soon and need a ceiling mount, but dont fancy paying £200 for one.

8. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Almost bought an AE300 on Friday... will probably cave in durign the week as I have been looking for info on peoples experience using hte AE300 with HTPC.

Anyhow, came accross this thread on AVSforums which is somethinf Id like to try as Im not happy with my AE100 mount. This one looks sexier..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232749&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

If anyone can translate these items in stuff that B&Q stock, please post:)

Vex.

9. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,099
    Captain, the speaker brackets cost £7.99 IIRC. Here's a link to how I used it:

http://www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ht1000.html

Vex, all those parts look like common electrical conduit parts, the only bit you probably won't be able to do easy is to thread the pipe to the length you want. If it doesn't have to be long, you may find some threaded 'nipples' that can be used with a locking nut to make everything solid.

Gary.