1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE300 cut out

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HappyLad, Oct 12, 2003.

1. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I run my AE300 on "low fan" mode, after about 60mins the screen goes black, the proj fans go into cool down mode and the lamp indicator starts flashing red.

Checked the filters and they are clean, the lamp is running on low and if I keep the fan setting on high then I don't have any problem.

In the manual, a flashing lamp indicator (not temperature) indicates "An abnormality has been detected in the lamp circuit"

Wondering if anyone else has had such problems or any idea's on how to fix.

TIA

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds like it's cutting out because of high temperature running - is the room very warm ? is here sufficient airflow around the projector ?

Sean G.

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Ho hum... Back to the shop for you me lad.

4. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sean.
    Yeah, thats what I though. Only that its the "lamp" indicator light that flashes and not the "temperature" light.

I'd guess that room temp is around the 20-24 degree mark. Projector is hung from the ceiling on an LMP mount with plenty of space all round.

I bought the proj from Nexnix back at the start of July and only have about 35 hours on the clock. I guess I'll give them a call and see what they say. Don't really want to send back for a swap as this one has no dead pixels (well, none that I can see at least) and apart from the cutting out problem I'm pleased with it.

regards

5. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the Panny is going back to the dealer tomorrow. He seems to think there may be a problem with the lamp.
    Jeez only 35 hours on the clock!!!
    Was also warned that the lamp is not covered by warranty. Hope I'm not expected to pay for a replacemnt lamp after 35hrs!!

I feel trouble brewing:(

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think the bulb is guaranteed for 90 days, I'm not sure how long in lamp hour terms (if any), but I think you'd be entitled to expect it to be replaced given the low number of hours clocked up...................

Sean G.