AE300 colour of money

pinkerton

Established Member
Reaction score
What colour is your AE300? seems to come in black or silver.
Do you get a choice when you order from pricejapan?
Very close to ordering one, colour is not really important, just interested.
Is the £1200 all you have to pay or are there more costs?
Price is $1955 converts to £1197.
Is the throw distance the same as the AE100? I have tried the AE100 and throw distance suited my room fine.
Thanks

Hi Pinkerton,

The Japanese version from PriceJapan is silver, while the US version is black (anyway, mine is a very cute silver:smashin: ).

If you click on the All prices to Europe link they'll explain exactly what you need to do. Check that recent insurance policy, it might be worth it.

Ae300 has the same throw distance, but you can also check it using the calculator from projectorcentral.com.

I've got about 200 hours on it and I'm still blown away each time I put it on. It's awesome!

Julia

pinkerton,

I think you will if you check other threads, discover that your true cost will be around £1550 something, depending on x-rates, but including dhl and vat.

Anyone know if the PT-L300u is exactly the same as the PT_AE300?

i've seen one for sale in the states for $1995 which is about the same as pricejapan.com. i'd hoped to get one from a trip to japan last year but i wasn' there long enough. i'm off to the states for 3 weeks soon though which is why i'm looking at buying in newyork now. anyone know any decent stores in newyork for projectors? or online sites in the states ?

Here was where i spotted the one for $1995, they will check it for dead pixels before it goes out as well which is a bonus.

Col H.

Hi Col.H,
Whilst on the net yesterday, I saw this advert and clicked on the link as it includes a free dvd player for $1995. Don't know about shipping options etc, just thought you'd like to know.

Cheers,

Dean.

Originally posted by Wasabi
pinkerton,

I think you will if you check other threads, discover that your true cost will be around £1550 something, depending on x-rates, but including dhl and vat.

According to Pricejapan "3. We can ship it to Europe and other countries with our 5% fee.
In case of Europe, total amount you pay via PayPal will be $1955 by cash,or $2020 by credit card(3.3% card charge added). "

So what or when will the extra charges be added?
Are we any closer to finding out when and how much its going to be when released over these shores?

Was told it will be officially launched here in UK by June latest.

My advice would be to wait and DO NOT buy from PriceJapan. I've heard nothing but good things about PriceJapan, so no bad reflection on them. If however though things start going wrong with it (and Pannys reliability on such products is at best questionable) what you think you are saving, you are not saving at all.

Only my advice but it's your money and you takes the choice or should I say chance ?

pinkerton,

DHL will act as your agent and clear it through UK customs for you. They will then send you a bill for the declared import price * 17.5% VAT.

You can't escape VAT, you can't hide from the taxman!

I read elsewhere that, if you ask, pricejapan will declare a different price than the one you paid - but that's a risky game to play.

i was thinking of buying mine on a trip to the states, dumping the box and bringing it back in my hand luggage, and avoid VAT that way since i carry a load of computing equipment for my job anyway so i thought it wouldn't be too hard to get away with.

Colin.

I may well be corrected, but as I understand it, if you buy your AE300 from Japan, then Japan is the only place you can use the warranty.
If you chuck you box as you suggest, you may well encounter a problem if it goes wrong. Most manufacturers stipulate it goes back in it's original box, I guess because of damage in transit etc.
Perhaps someone can confirm this?

BTW I bought my AE300 from PriceJapan. Fab service and a great projector. There's no way I could have waited until April/May/June or whenever it's going to arrive over here.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by robocop
If you chuck you box as you suggest, you may well encounter a problem if it goes wrong. Most manufacturers stipulate it goes back in it's original box, I guess because of damage in transit etc.
Perhaps someone can confirm this?

Valid point, i am planning on buying mine in the states though and i have an office in newyork so i can just leave the box there in case i get a problem and take it next time i visit so i can ship it back to the shop.

Colin.

I would have thought insisting an original box for a warranty repair would be illegal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom