1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae300 bulb at 4500hrs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Jul 30, 2004.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Can any AE300 owners check their manuals for the sequence of events leading to a lamp change. I can't seem to find mine.

When I switched on today a message flashed on screen to change the lamp. It only lasted a few seconds and the projector continued working as normal. Also the lamp hours figure in the main menu is flashing. I'm at a little over 4500hrs. I presume that this is just a reminder to let me know that I am reaching the end of the bulbs rated life @ 5000hrs but that I can continue to use the PJ for another 500hrs. Can't find my manual to confirm this presumption though.

I know the PJ wont let me use that lamp beyond 5000hrs as the chances of an 'explosive failure' increase dramatically beyond the rated hours so I won't be risking a reset with the same bulb!! I have my spare bulb ready and waiting anyway but to be honest, if i was made of money I'd love to know how long I'd get out of it!! :D I seem to be the first to have his bulb reach its rated life!! I'm sure many others will get full value from there bulbs too, its just that it'll take 3 or 4 years for them whereas I've done it in a year and a half!! :D

So can anyone check if this is just a reminder or a dire warning to change my bulb! :D

Cheers

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith,

You're a legend !! 4500 hours............:clap: :clap:

Sean.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    5 years + for most I'd say.

Can't remember the dialogue from the final scene of Thelma & Louise but I say go for it..............all the way to 6,000 hours (another 6 months) :smashin:

:smoke:

4. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,749
    Hi Keith

Firstly cheers for your help when I was looking for a proj. earlier in the year.

I have had a look at the manual quickly, but can't see anything about the numbers flashing. They dont even esitmate the life of the bulb as different conditions can have an effect on the bulb.

Please note this was only a quick look, so I may have missed something, but I have got a pdf of the manual if you like, which I can email you if you drop me a PM.

Ricky

5. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    4,500hrs in a year and a half :rotfl: the mind boggles.......

200hrs in 6 month so far=12yrs worth of AE300 for me then I guess :suicide: