1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE300 and Xcard VGA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lenoir, Nov 24, 2003.

1. lenoir

lenoir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm about to get the AE300 and am going to connect it to the VGA output of my Xcard, does anyone else have this setup, if so what is the best output res to use from Xcard?

I know there are preset ones, but has anyone played about with the Xcard's Registry settings to get the best output for the AE300?

Any other tips/comments on using the AE300 with an Xcard appreciated.

Many thanks

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think that the biggest tip with the xcard is to get what is called a 'pdi capture card'. With it you connect the pdi (parallel digital interface) on the xcard to the capture card. You then run this through a program called dscaler and output via your graphics card. This means that the pc is doing all sorts of fancy video processing and you will get alot better image.

Of course that does involve a small amount of hassle but if you look on the pc forum, there are loads of threads which will back me up in saying this is why the xcard is so popular.

ad

3. lenoir

lenoir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the pointer - just ordered the PDI Capture Card from PMS in Hong Kong, on impulse and cost!

Seems this will arrive sooner than the projector from Robert Whyte, Scotland - over a month so far!

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    good buy, this is an immensely popular approach and using dscaler i always found to be a joy

hope the projector arrives soon!

ad