1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phlashman, Apr 4, 2003.

1. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm pretty new to projectors and I have a few questions. I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic ae200. Has anyone seen one in action? whats it like hows the color?

also is it worth going for the ae300 even though it's more expensive?

thanks

2. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I received my AE300 yesterday and I can heartily recommend it as DVD images look superb.

Personally if I was choosing and weighing up cost v quality, I wouldnt even consider the AE200. This product seems a little redundant, seeing as the Ae100s are so cheap now.

If cost is the primary factor then get an AE100 (or a Sanyo Z1) as you can buy one for less than £800 - if quality is the driving factor and you can afford the extra then plump the the AE300, you wont be disappointed.

As to whether the AE300 is worth it, Id say that at £1700ish, it is still VFM but not the absolute steal of the AE100 at £800 - its not twice as good, thats for sure!!!

3. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    For £1300 I think the Z1 is better value. I've seen an ae100 running, and while they're OK, the Z1 is a big step forward.

Also, as you can see from other threads on this forum, the ae100 may still have major reliability issues.

4. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AE200 is £1169 from BEdirect although the Z1 would demand a viewing as well and maybe can be had cheaper than £1300.