1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE200 rgb scart Vs component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by monsta2003, Oct 30, 2003.

1. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im now very very tempted to take the plunge and buy an AE200. At £750 with a dead pixel check it seems very reasonable. Though I may still hold of and wait to see the quality of the Z2 and if theres more price cuts.

Could any AE200 owners give me an opinion on the picture quality difference between RGB via Scart, and component.

I have a pioneer 717 which whilst old still delivers a crackin picture (and sound), and im reluctant to buy a new player just for component. The projector will get a lot of use for dvd but also sky and consoles (PS2 and gamecube and ocasionaly older machines aswell). I can get component cables for these machines, but have no method of switching, so was thinking of just outputing RGB via scart (already have the cables) from all apliences into a scart switch, and sending one scart to the AE200.

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I tend to use the component video for my DVD player and the RGB scart for my Xbox/PS2/Gamecube and Cable TV.
    I was really impressed with the quality of the Scart socket. Actually much better then a stand alone RGB Scart to S-Video convertor I bought for my old AE100.
    Mario etc looks stunning on it.

I might post some shots later...

3. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers cyberheater, sounds good, really think ill have to get one before mario karts comes out

4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    post some shots pretty please :):)

5. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have my Digital NTL STB, DVD player, GC and Xbox connected via RGB scart through a Quintro switcher to my AE300. Can't fault the PQ.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Remember RGB scart isn't "progressive" capable.

I'd recommend progressive component for DVD.

7. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All sounds good, cheers for the replys.

Kramer, at the moment i dont have a progressive component capable player, currentyl using a Pioneer 717. Im not looking to upgrade at the moment, but may go down the HCPC route soon aswell, in which case id use that as the DVD source.