AE200 - picture getting too dim

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pocketDATA, Jul 25, 2005.

1. pocketDATA

pocketDATA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey fellas,

I have a Panny AE200 with a usage of about 500 hours on it. Lately I noticed that the overall picture is just too dim. I wonder can the lamp be bad? I only know that the lamp can either be blown or working, not sure if it can go weak half way?

The only thing that happened recently was I accidently knocked over some cables and yanked my AE200 to topple on one of its leg. I dont think it was a hard knock at all. It worked but Im not sure if this has anything to do with it. I just feel theres something wrong with it now being too dim.

Anyone can help me or can suggest anything? All my settings are at default

Thanks all

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I just now bought an AE300 in the classifieds with a similar issue. It seems that some of these were supplied with bulbs that just weren't any good, and they drop off very quickly. At least I hope that's the case, and I haven't totally wasted my money.

I haven't got the PJ yet, so I can't confirm anything.

3. pocketDATA

pocketDATA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could it be my connection? I tried it with a SD Card and the brightness seems ok

4. tonyburns

tonyburns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ive had my ae200 panny for 2 years 1200 hours on the clock and the brightness is still fine no probs here apart from 1 dead pixel i had when i bought it new the bitches wouldnt replace it