1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae200 or z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by edd, Nov 16, 2003.

1. edd

edd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at the z1 at 950 or the ae200 for 750.

I know this has been asked before but not realy got a clear answer from previous threads.

I will be using a fairly small 5 foot wide screen (the room is quite small) and my pal progressive hk dvd25 that ive been using on my tv.

Will screen door be much of an issue from 10-12 foot away from the screen with the ae200 over the z1?

are there any other projectors at this price point worth nothing? im pretty sensitive to rainbows so that rules dlp out.

the 750 price tag seems very good, as does 950 for the z1, i cant go any higher at the moment. (maybe in a few years time)

though the extra years warrenty on the z1 sways it a bit.

Thanks

edd

2. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there edd,
    I bought a 200 for £700 from komplett like 3 weeks ago, first impressions WOW, then after the first week i noticed screen door and vertical banding slightly, then i got a dead pixel, a bloody annoying green one and it is in repair atm. anyway...it is a very very good picture for the price, i was only sitting 8 ft away from a 6ft wide screen, when i made it smaller i didn't notice it at all.
    I have decided to get the z1 due to the increased resolution and better contrast levels, i will be getting this farely soon so i will post a comparison thread.
    You will hardly notice any screen door from 10-12 ft away but i would go for the z1 just because it is that bit better
    cheers
    Fred

3. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,162
    fred, I think I'm going to be selling my Z1 shortly, so if you're interested drop me a PM;)

4. Chipster

Chipster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Good question edd. (I have the same DVD player as you)

These two pj's are also on my shortlist for demo, a direct comparison from present owners who may have previously demo'd side by side would be great.

Looking forward to your comparison Fred.

Smurfin, can I ask why your selling your Z1, condition etc and how much?

Cheers,

Chipster

5. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I am also trying to decide betweeen one of these two as my first projector.

I have seen the AE200 in my friends home cinema and was quite impressed, but did notice the screendoor effect.

Anyone have any experience of how much an improvement ( If any ) the Z1 is over the AE200?

I'm also confused on what would be the best way to connect a non-progressive RGB DVD player to the Z1. The cable length would be 10M long.

Ta