1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE200 Ceiling Mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bassbin, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Planning to make one of these next week and am researching the best way to go about it. Having looked underneath the unit there seem to be a tripod mount which I wouldn't consider using and 4 smaller brass bushes that I plan to use. Does anybody know what threads these take I'm gussing M6 or thereabouts. Also has anyone made a mount that lowers the projector when in use (mine needs to be about 2 feet from the ceiling) and then can be raised above head height when not in use.

Thanks,

BB

2. yagbols35

yagbols35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. yagbols35

yagbols35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, the link wouldn't work. Read the thread PROJECTOR FAQ by theritz. Lots of info there.

4. Jonathan100

Jonathan100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just made a shelf for my pt-ae200. It is a top shelf (to keep it away from young children and the likes) so it hung upside down, in effect very simmilar to a ceiling mount. The bolts are M4 size.
    Inititally I had 3cm long bolts, which when put in had the unit pretty much toughing the bottom of the wood which resulted in quite a substantial heat buildup, now I have replaced it with 7cm bolts and the thing runs fine.

I read a thread about the pt-ae100 which said that there was no bottom to the bolt holes and it went straight down into the unit if you didn't stop. I have inspected my ae200 and a can not see a bottom though I may be wrong. The guidline for the 100 seemed to be put the bolts in about 1/2 a cm, so I did the same and it seems to be secure enough. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can clear this up for you.

5. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for the details on the bolts. I think I'm going to make a swing type mount with the pj mounted upside down to a board which attaches to the ceiling by 4 poles that are hinged so the hole thing can swing up and fixed well above head height when not in use.

Have people also made protective covers for their pj's I'm planning on making one out of a computer dust cover as I want to minimise the amount of dust, cobwebs etc. getting at it.

Day 2 with my AE200 yesterday and we watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (chick flick chosen by wife) A very average film but I'm in the big screen honeymoon period so I'll watch just about anything.

6. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I made my AE200 mount out of an old 14" TV wall mount. I used everything but the plate, and just attached a piece of MDF with the holes ready for the PJ to be attached to.

Here's a pic, it's certainly very sturdy, and blends into my room quite well. It may be hard to imagine, but the part that attaches to the ceiling used to be what was screwed to the wall (with the arm now coming down), and the rest of the mount removed, in favour of a simple board of MDF). The board can tilt up and down, and the whole thing can be swiveled by removing the bolt attaching it to the ceiling.

Attached Files: