1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE200, AE300 or z2? Opinions please...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nickane, Sep 19, 2003.

1. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have stayed away from these forums for a while, as my financial situation meant reading about pjs was really torturesome, and I can see now that a lot has changed (when doesn't it?). For one thing all the best prices seem to be at shops i've never heard of like Komplett and u can now get a decent pj for under a grand (which given my financial situation is only just beginning to improve, is rather good news). I still have an old Sharp pj whose lamp is running on borrowed time (guaranteed for 1000 hrs, I reckon I've clocked over 6000), but I'm saving up for something new.

I just wanna know whether u guys think the ae300 is worth the extra money over the ae200 (its almost twice as much at Komplett), and whether the z2 looks like it'll make both of them redundant v soon?

Does anyone know how much the z2 will cost?

Why can't manufacturers just bring out a pj so perfect that it'll never be made obsolete for a price I can afford? ;)

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I just dipped my tow in the HC water by going for an AE300 from Discount Electrical, the £100 off a screen was useful as well as a great price for the unit ... after reading around I decided to buy sight-unseen but had the extra for the 300 over the 200, I'm sure the increased resolution and screen-door minimising features are worth it.

The Z2 sounds interesting but I don't think it'll be here till some time in the new year .. could be wrong, haven't been paying too much attention to future releases, otherwise I'd never have bought. ;)

Being a n00b I've no idea what quality is possible, right now I'm loving the 300. :D

3. Wilster

Wilster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To me, it is worth the extra for the ae300, as I can see the screen door from an 848x480 LCD pj on a 69" screen from much further away than my seating distance of about 10'.
    However, what has stopped me getting an ae300 is that the z2 is due out soon, and Im using an htpc, so the chance of 1280x720 for approx 1500-2000 quid is very hard to resist!

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the z2 might be available from japan sooner though :D

Ad

5. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    See my thread below on the ae200 - got it today from Komplett, lasted about 20 minutes!