1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Warranty

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Amelia, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally recieved the Warranty info from Panasonic Australia and I am not sure how it compares to the one you guys in the UK get, but its currently a two year warranty or 5000 hours which ever comes first.

I guess the bit I found interesting was Lamp part. It reads as follows:

This warranty does not cover the following items unless the fault or defect being complained of existed at the time of purchase. a) Lamps b) Consumables such as dust filters, batteries etc

Now the way I read this is "If after 15min of use the Lamp blows, Its at my cost"

Is this in line with what other are getting as far as warranty goes?

Regards
    Amelia

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Amelia, this is similar to UK warranty.

The lamp is a consumable and therefore not covered by warranty. However, it your lamp goes after 15mins then that is clearly a manufacturing defect.

The lamp in these projectors is of a very simple construction (not like the old cine projector bulbs). It is basically a looped piece of (thick) wire with a glass bead over a small section. Simpler looking than your common house bulb. I think you would be unlucky if your bulb fails prematurely.

El

3. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats great to hear.

One of the reasons I even looked at the AE100 was when I had a read through the brochure, it stated one of its Key Features as being . . . and I quote "5000-hours Long-Life Lamp (in low power mode)" and didn't go on to say, but if it blows after you leave the store bad luck.

In any case I am please to know I have 23 months to go :D

Best Regards
    Amelia