1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wolfe, Apr 4, 2002.

1. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can anyone enlighten me to the warranty offered on the AE100 from UK dealers?
    Thx
    Wolfe

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    2 year return to base warranty

3. wolfe

wolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a 2yr rtb warranty on AV-sales site, however Sound and Vision are telling me that there is only a one year warranty....I am confused, especially since in the USA it appears that there is a three year warranty!
    I await enlightenment:blush:

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
  5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some news takes a little longer to get through to some retailers

The EEC decided sometime back to standardise warranty periods across europe (some contries having 6months, some a year, some longer)

They decided on a 2 year standard warranty period (effective Jan2002) to cover electrical goods. That includes the UK (see, there is something good about belonging to europe, now roll on the single currency so that we can pay cheaper).

What I am unsure about, is if the item breaks in year two, whether you are entitled to take it back to where you brought it from (eg dixons) or whether you are forced to send it back to the manufacturer.

When you think about it, a manufacture who offers only a 1 year warranty can not think much of the reliability of its own goods.

El