AE100 Vs Sanyo PLC 9005

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am somewhat pleased with the performance of my AE100 :)
I have had it since May this year.
But my room isn't set up yet, so no 8ft screen to view it on..yet.
Anyway, I work in TV and a drama I am working on wanted a projector to use to film off the screen (arty stuff)
I brought my Panny in and set it up on a 10ft screen!!
It was connected via a Digi Beta machine, but only composite.
The picture was bl**dy amazing. The director was so impresed that he is thinking of buying one for home.
Unfortunately it wasn't bright enough for the 16mm cameras so they had to hire in a Sanyo PLC9005.
It was really bright about 2000 ansi lumens, and I believe it costs £9000!!!
Well, how chuffed was I when I looked at the image. Sure it was bright, I mean it almost lit up a Massive studio, but the image wasn't, in my opinion, as good.
Just thought I'd shhare that with all you AE100 owners.

Best

Chris

Chalk and cheese. No surprise there.

Had the criteria been PC image quality then your Pana AE100 would look a very poor second to the Sanyo (or any reasonable XGA data projector).

BTW - the PLC9005 is quite old by LCD projector standards; circa 1999. You don't need to spend anything like £9k for 2000 ANSI in todays market, £4k would do it quite comfortably with good video performance too.

Regards

Good point.
I just got over excited because I hadn't seen my projector perform on that size of screen.
I did demo a DLP 1600 ansi lumens once...It lit up my small room far too brightly. The blacks were very good but all we could see were the dreaded rainbows.
I suppose that its subjective, like all things audio visual.

Cheers

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom