1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Vs Sanyo PLC 9005

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by (GTV)Chris, Aug 23, 2002.

1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I am somewhat pleased with the performance of my AE100 :)
    I have had it since May this year.
    But my room isn't set up yet, so no 8ft screen to view it on..yet.
    Anyway, I work in TV and a drama I am working on wanted a projector to use to film off the screen (arty stuff)
    I brought my Panny in and set it up on a 10ft screen!!
    It was connected via a Digi Beta machine, but only composite.
    The picture was bl**dy amazing. The director was so impresed that he is thinking of buying one for home.
    Unfortunately it wasn't bright enough for the 16mm cameras so they had to hire in a Sanyo PLC9005.
    It was really bright about 2000 ansi lumens, and I believe it costs £9000!!!
    Well, how chuffed was I when I looked at the image. Sure it was bright, I mean it almost lit up a Massive studio, but the image wasn't, in my opinion, as good.
    Just thought I'd shhare that with all you AE100 owners.

Best

Chris

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Chalk and cheese. No surprise there.

Had the criteria been PC image quality then your Pana AE100 would look a very poor second to the Sanyo (or any reasonable XGA data projector).

BTW - the PLC9005 is quite old by LCD projector standards; circa 1999. You don't need to spend anything like £9k for 2000 ANSI in todays market, £4k would do it quite comfortably with good video performance too.

Regards

3. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Good point.
    I just got over excited because I hadn't seen my projector perform on that size of screen.
    I did demo a DLP 1600 ansi lumens once...It lit up my small room far too brightly. The blacks were very good but all we could see were the dreaded rainbows.
    I suppose that its subjective, like all things audio visual.

Cheers

Chris