1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 v. AE200 should I wait for the latter?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MTP, Nov 25, 2002.

1. MTP

MTP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day,

Just wanted some insight into whether I should bother waiting for the AE200 to be released and whether any improvement may warrant me waiting. I would purchase from price japan but Im a bit paranoid about warranty etc so I want to purchase locally in Australia. At the moment I can pick up the AE100 for $3378 AUD and I have been in contact with Panasonic and so far there is no release date for the AE200 they only have info about the AE300. So back to the question what are the improvements and is it worth waiting a few months I imagine it will be at least till February/March.

Cheers
    MTP

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,242
    Hi

I have got the Panasonic PT-AE100 projector and I am very pleased with it.

It is reasonably quiet and gives an excellent picture.

The question is whether or not you are willing to wait.

The AE-100 has been out a long time now and I presume they have ironed out all the problems especially since that bad batch in August (or July?).

Don't know anything about the AE200 improvements over the AE100 but I am pretty sure the AE200 will be a lot more expensive when released and that may be a long time in Australia.

If you can wait and pay more the go for the AE200. If you want it now (and you don't want to use Price Japan) for a a good price then get an AE100.

There will be many people on this forum who can tell you how pleased they are with theirs.

By the way how many AUS$ to £1.00?

Greg

(Lets not mention the cricket!):mad:

3. MTP

MTP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    $2.79 = 1 pound mate. I wouldnt so mean as to mention the great Aussie victories lol :)

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,242
    With that exchange rate the projector works out at about £1210.

Thats a great price. Slightly cheaper than we can buy it here for.

Greg

5. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    The PTAE-300 doesn't cost much more, and by all accounts it blows the 100 away. Do a search on the AVS forum or see the couple of long running threads on here.....