AE100 to a ASK Projector C40

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Willowpaw, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Willowpaw

Willowpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    After some of the views of you guys!
    Have had a Panasonic AE100, from Komplett, since June 2003 (after advice on this Forum at the time) and been very, very happy with it. A few months ago it started to get a green haze at the bottom of the screen and good few inches high - not a major problem (especially on anything with black bars top and bottom as covered the green haze!) but annoying at times and certainly not 'right'!
    Tried to get Panasonic to do a repair under warranty (and lend me a projector whilst it was away - as recommended elsewhere in this Forum) but when they finally answered, the did not want to know refering be back to the retailer.

Well, it was posted back to Komplett 3 weeks ago (at nearly £20 postage!) and after much chasing up had a phone call today - saying they would give me a refund (but 'problems' with their system!?!?!) or would I like the ASK Projector C40

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=119990&cks=PRL

worth £830 instead, and a far better projector in their view.

Anybody ever heard of this projector???????????

2. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    as the projector is still inside the 12 months warranty, i would stick to my guns and demand that they replace "like for like", if they are not able to do this, then replaced with a simliar projector from the panasonic family.

3. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Yep - I agree. The replacement they offer is 4:3 ratio at 800x600, rather than true 16:9 ratio at 858x480.

Get them to replace it with like for like - see what Panny PJs they have in stock - or get a refund and surf for an alternative.

4. Willowpaw

Willowpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks! Just got this email back from Komplett - I had only asked if able to do me a deal on the AE500 (and I could pay the 'reasonable' difference);

-AE100 is not in stock.
    -AE100 is not in stock.
    -AE500 can`t give you this because of the huge price differance.
    -AE100 Can be repaired yes, but then you should have sent the projector to Panasonic, not to komplett. We dont repair projectors.
    -We can send the AE100 for you to Panasonic for repair, but it may take 2 months before it is at your place again.

No progressive scan on the ASK projector, as i just noticed after i fixed the order.

The problem is that if you use the projector i can`t sell it as new again if you don`t want it.
    I see many products coming back from customer which they cool off, just open the product and looking at it, i don`t want it, and writes with a pen on the box. Then we can`t sell it as new again.

Shall i send the Panasonic Projector to be repaired for you or are you going to take the ASK.

Don`t let the progressive scan function be the only factor when testing the ASK projector, on all other areas it is better.

Sounds a little arsey to me (but I may just be sensitive!) but may just be a language problem, his English was not that good. Am asking for a refund.

BUT I MISS MY PROJECTOR!
    :( :(

5. Willowpaw

Willowpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks! Just got this email back from Komplett - I had only asked if able to do me a deal on the AE500 (and I could pay the 'reasonable' difference);

-AE100 is not in stock.
    -AE100 is not in stock.
    -AE500 can`t give you this because of the huge price differance.
    -AE100 Can be repaired yes, but then you should have sent the projector to Panasonic, not to komplett. We dont repair projectors.
    -We can send the AE100 for you to Panasonic for repair, but it may take 2 months before it is at your place again.

No progressive scan on the ASK projector, as i just noticed after i fixed the order.

The problem is that if you use the projector i can`t sell it as new again if you don`t want it.
    I see many products coming back from customer which they cool off, just open the product and looking at it, i don`t want it, and writes with a pen on the box. Then we can`t sell it as new again.

Shall i send the Panasonic Projector to be repaired for you or are you going to take the ASK.

Don`t let the progressive scan function be the only factor when testing the ASK projector, on all other areas it is better.

Sounds a little arsey to me (but I may just be sensitive!) but may just be a language problem, his English was not that good. Am asking for a refund.

BUT I MISS MY PROJECTOR!
    :( :(

6. Willowpaw

Willowpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Still awaiting a definate answer - but they have nothing in stock anyway!?!?!
    Pushing for refund - and will source new projector elsewhere.

So, the big question AE500 or Z2?????????????????

7. Willowpaw

Willowpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the advice guys - thought you (and anybody else who has shown an interest in this post?!?) would like an update.

Stuck to my guns - asked for a refund, and....................

Ended up with a brand new AE500 at no extra cost from Komplett!

Fantastic - arrived and set up yesterday - so much sharper (but slighter deeper in unit size, so needed to resite my shelf!)

Do I win the award for this week's Spawniest Poster????????

:clap:

8. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    great news, well done, hope you have many happy hours of viewing with the 500.