1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Stuck Pixel Tolerance!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Porrm, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Since ascertaining that the bright blue square that has appeared on my previously excellent picture is a stuck pixel, I have telephoned Panasonic asking for repair/replacement.

The first guy I spoke to said that if I rang him back with my serial number they would sort it out. Great I thought! Unfortunately when I rang back with the number I got a different bloke and this one said that he would have to get advice and ring me back!

When they didn't ring back after a couple of days I rang back again to be told that I would have to have three stuck pixels before they would do anything!! I thought that was just for dead pixels and that if you had even one stuck open pixel it was beyond tolerance!

Are Panasonic telling the truth or are they just trying to fob me off?:rolleyes:

Now that I've noticed the blue square (Not that I could miss it!) it's totally spoiling my film watching!

Help!:confused:

PS The projector has been sead/stuck pixel free for one year but it has only done 200 hours!

2. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    afaik dead/stuck pixles are covered by an industry standard that can be inturpreted any way the maunfacturer likes. seeing that the unit is 1 year old i wouldnt like your chances at getting it replaced for one stuck pixle(i think that blue isnt even considered the worst colour, think greens the 'worst'). I even know of some manufacturers that would even call it acceptable on a new unit :(
    dont spose you got the name of the guy that said hed call you back n sort it?

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    if they dont replace put a small yellow sticker over the blue pixel on your screen it will then be invisible from your seating position, try it and see, i have had a stuck open blue pixel on my ptae100 and panasonic wouldnt replace it so i used the sticker and i am happy with the result

4. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does that really work or are you pulling my leg?

It would be great if it does!

If I don't get any joy from Panasonic (And I don't think I will!) and you're not having a laugh I'll give the yellow sticker a go!

Any particular shade of yellow?

Cheers

:clap:

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    trust me it works i used the small yellow circle stickers that you use for wall charts cost about 99p from stationary box i just cut the sticker to the size of the pixel fired up the pj and place the sticker on the screen and moved it untill it covered the blue colour and from the seating position its invisible, on very light scenes you may notice the small sticker but trust me its much better than seeing a bue dot, if you cant get the stickers lmk & i will send you a couple.

6. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    Tried the yellow sticker myself and it does work.