1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Stuck Pixel Arrrgh

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Porrm, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn Damn Damn!

I've had my AE100 for over a year now and it's been fine the whole time. It's even survived a house move and being set up temp at a relatives house in between houses!

Since I set the projector up at the new house I noticed that I had a green splodge at one corner of the screen and I have assumed that this is just a bit of dust on one of the panels. Nothing to worry about I'll just clean it out at some point.

However the other day I removed the filter for it's regular clean and when I replaced it and switched the projector on there is what appears to be a pixel stuck on blue, top right of centre!

I'm gutted! Now that I know it's there I can't stop looking at it!

I thought that if the pixels were OK to start with they would always be OK.

Is it possible that this could also be a speck of dust on one of the panels? It just seems a bit weird that this has happened so soon after me cleaning the filter! but it is a well defined square of blue not a splodge!!!!!!!

HELP!

:eek: