1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE100 Screws

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Amelia, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about the subject, but I wanted to know if anyone know what type of screws need to be purchased so as to enable roof mounting. I guess I want to know what type of thread it is and size.

Thanks
    Amelia

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If it is the ones that goes into the Panasonic they are 4mm, how long you need depends on your celing mount, but be awere. do not screw them much more than some mm into the Panasonic.
    Do a serch for the "red led of death" and you'll know why.

3. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The screws ahve a very close thread too. If you go to B&Q you will find the correct screws are called Knob Screws (honest), they fit perfectly. Dont remember the size, but the 4mm above sounds about right.

Regards

Der Pobman

4. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    the engineering term for them is M4

M for metric
    4 for 4mm width.

If you buy them at 40mm length then you can always hacksaw them down to length to suit the mounting plate you use.

Note: If you do have to cut them down as good tip is to use an M4 nut screwed onto the thread the other side of the positon where you plan to cut, that way when you have cut the bolt and you wind the nut off it will clean up the thread and you wont have a problem screwing it into the projector, also stops the metal fillings being left in the projector insert.

5. Gojira

Gojira
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With regards to the screw depth, is there an actual measurement in mm I can use as a guide?

I have designed a mount from scrap aluminium and tubing (should cost about £3-£5 to complete), but the screw thing is vexing me a little (no jokes please!):D