[AE100] Screenshots

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Punce, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I thought I'd put my camera to use last night and take a few screenshots.

My camera is an Olympus Camedia Zoom 2020, and I'm using a HCPC.

Shrek

Toy Story

I'm also experiencing a couple of problems that I've posted on the HCPC Forum - click here to help me out. There you can also find out my hardware bits.

The pictures have a bit more blue than in real life!

Feel free to comment, I should have more coming soon, probably a few S-Video shots from my Pioneer 525 (before I sell it)!

Cheers,

Mark

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    1. Is it your camera or your picture that's a bit drunk?

2. Play with your keystone correction.

3. I take it your radeon card is not yet installed? A 16meg card will not run enough colour depth at 1024x768 for accurate colours, and will give you the tearing effects you describe, or posterization. My card in my HCPC is not brilliant, TNT2 M64 32meg, but it manages OK. It's on the upgrade list, radeon being top replacement.

Looking forward to seeing the s-video shots, do you get a diagonal shimmery 'chicken wire' effect by any chance, when you are close to the screen? Let us know what improvement the radeon makes!

3. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pictures look very sharp to me.

The tearing is probably due to th refresh rate. What refresh rate are you using?

I find that 75Hz give very little tearing on my Hitachi CP-X275W and a 3M-projector that I have used.

MAW.
    The EA100 isn't a 1024x768 resolution projector.

4. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi Punce. Other than the blue tint, they look great. Those CGI movies are the canines conkers for showing off the Panny...I've fired up the rescue scene from Shrek too many times to count! Wish I could get my photos looking more like yours though...I had those weird streaks with mine.

What's the size of the screen you're using?

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I see about the resolution, any of your previous probs could therefore be driver related, I assume you must install a driver for the pj as it's format is not general PC type?

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    The blueness may be down to a couple of things.
    Panel projectors are normally a bit towards blue colour temperature wise by virtue of the lamps used. Your camera may be balanced for a colour temp a bit lower ( redder) and hence exacerbate the blue)

Your monitor may also be biased towards blue.
    These are actually pretty good pics but CGI movis tend to mask issues such as fine detail retrieval and colour/intensity detail. Somethign live action may not look as good but it will give abettr indication as to how the pj performs.

I'll have a look at your AVS thread later

7. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16

Actually, I think it was me that was drunk :D
    I must have taken the shot at a weird angle, as the picture fills a perfectly sized rectangle, with masked black velvet borders.

No, I should get it mid-next week, hopefully it will sort out my problems.

I'll post my results as soon as I get the card.

It's definitely the camera, it's not like that in real life. For the next shots, I'll experiment with different temperture settings on the camera before posting.

And I'll take a few shots of non-CGI material ;)

Take it easy everyone...

Mark

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    looks like the answers to your other problems have already been replied to on the other thread.

I doubt changing the desktop colourspace will do much to fix the posterisation as the 2d overlay tends to run independantly. There may be an innaccuracy on your gamma coming out of the PC : video gamma isn't 1 but your set-up or software may treat it as if it is. The digital panel in the Projector is most likely a gamma of 1 but it may perform a correction on incoming material for video gamma regardless of whether your PC is correct for video or not. This is often a cause of contouring/posterisation ( innacurate mapping of the intensity scale , software correction crushing intensity range)) 8bit colourspace should actually be fine for video (thats per channel as already pointed out) .

With regard to the tearing if the buffering in the card itself is OK ( which it might not be as its old) the projector is most likely designed to work with a 60Hz refresh (or less for 625/50 PAL perhaps who can say!).

9. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  10. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Great photo's codling! What screen are you using? What size are you projecting? Whats the projector -> screen distance?

One small point , your webpage took about 5 mins to download on my 56k connection. Try creating thumbnails of your images instead of resizing your 300k images in your HTML. Page will load a lot quicker.

Cheers

Johnny

11. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    johnny

i got my screen from projectavision,got it thismorning and put it up straight away.never realising they had sent me the wrong one
    240cm/240cm(the useless sods:mad: ).the size i should of got was 200cm/117cm.hopfully have the right one within the week.

anyway im projecting a 200cm wide picture viewing at about 14'back,the camera was about 10' back.

thanks for telling about my website loading time.(didnt realise as im using broad band)ill redo them now.let me know if there anty quicker

cheers carl:D

12. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SHOKABUKU,,You really come out with some classic 1 liners,,,,,i like the style,,,,,canines conkers,,,, keep it up,its wot i go on the forum 4.:D

13. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Bless ya. I feel like the moggies muff mate! :D

14. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: